London Tower Bridge 2
London Tower Bridge photographs and London Bridge, Thames River, B&W photography and photos of London
Tower Bridge is a combined bascule and suspension bridge in London, England, over the River Thames. It is close to the Tower of London, which gives it its name. It has become an iconic symbol of London.
The bridge consists of two towers which are tied together at the upper level by means of two horizontal walkways which are designed to withstand the horizontal forces exerted by the suspended sections of the bridge on the landward sides of the towers. The vertical component of the forces in the suspended sections and the vertical reactions of the two walkways are carried by the two robust towers. The bascule pivots and operating machinery are housed in the base of each tower.
Description: London Tower Bridge photography Thames River photos Black and White B&W London Reflections
- Picture: 300 x 200mm (12" x 7.7")
- Paper size: 400 x 300mm (16" x 12")
- 50mm (2") white border around image for mounting
- Picture: 380 x 280mm (15" x 10.8")
- Paper size: 500 x 400mm (20" x 16")
- 60mm (2.4") white border around image for mounting
- Picture: 780 x 480mm (30.7" x 18.9")
- Paper size: 1000 x 700mm (40" x 28")
- 110mm (4.3") white border around image for mounting